A Welcome From Our Pastor
We hope you feel welcome to join us! If you have further questions, please call the church office at 814-443-2906. Ask to speak with Pastor Eric.
Hi, and I welcome you to our church here online, and invite you to our house of worship in Somerset. It is a joy to pastor an active, vibrant community of faith-filled individuals. There is a place for everyone, and a way that we can all find calling, purpose, and belonging here at Grace Church.
I am the fortunate husband of Kimberly, and the father of Owen and Benjamin. My appointment here in Somerset follows eight years serving churches in Punxsutawney, PA, and a year in the South Essex Circuit of the Methodist Church in England. I am a graduate of The Methodist Theological School in Ohio (M. Div 1997) and Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (B.A. History 1994).
I grew up about half way between Pittsburgh and Somerset, and I enjoyed this area as a child and young adult in the nearby state parks and camping areas. It is a blessing to live in an area with an abundance of natural beauty and recreational opportunities, and a double blessing to be a part of the Grace Church family.
My desire as the pastor of Grace Church is to lead individuals to live out a growing faith that influences their daily lives. Through relevant messages, meaningful worship, plentiful study opportunities, and supportive relationships, I believe the church can be a place and a people that journeys together under the leadership of Christ. It is exciting to be a part of that here in Somerset, and I invite you to join us for the adventure!
Rev. Eric Raygor has served as pastor at Grace United Methodist church since July of 2005.
What We Believe
We believe that God gives us life and calls us to a new life through faith in Jesus. We know we’re not perfect, and we depend on God’s grace. Through grace, we are forgiven, and God continues to work on us so that we can grow as disciples. We believe that we are called to live out our faith in community with one another, and to witness to our faith in our relationships with our neighbors and the world. If you feel God calling you to something bigger, or you’re curious about what it means to live a life of faith in community with believers, come and visit or give us a call. We’d love to share with you what it means to be a part of Grace Church.
What should I expect?
We would love to welcome you to a Sunday service! Here are some things that might be helpful to a first-time visitor:
- Our family-friendly worship service starts at 10:30am every Sunday.
- You will be welcome and comfortable at our services in jeans or in a suit and tie. Come as you like!
- A typical Sunday service lasts about an hour and includes
- a time of greeting
- singing a few hymns
- special music from the choir
- praying for our needs and for the world
- a children’s message
- a relevant message that connects God’s timeless word with your life
- Music is an important part of worship. Some of our music is traditional in nature, with an organ. Some is contemporary, with guitars. We believe that we can worship God with diverse styles.
- Children are always welcome. We believe crying babies bring life to a church. A nursery is available for your convenience — it’s up to you. A children’s message is part of every service. Through the school year, children begin the service in the sanctuary, and after the children’s time, are invited downstairs for some fun learning, worship, and crafts.